Summer Root academy
The summer root academy is intended for youth players who are new to lacrosse and/or youth players continuing their lacrosse experience at a young age. Small-sided games are played Sundays 6:30 - 10:00 pm. Clinics are Fridays 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Our academy is focusing on the following areas:
- Build mental discipline, confidence, lacrosse IQ, and great work ethics to prepare for a practice and game.
- Improve stick skills such as handling, protection, passing, catching, shooting, and ground ball technique in open space and tight space. Capitalize in proper footwork and unsettled situations.
- Develop an edge and indescribable feeling that only athletes know about in our house league games, clinic scrimmages and clinic drills against players of similar skills built in our training program to assess and improve your lacrosse game.
- Increase speed, agility, and endurance.
- Increase your development as a players with our position specific drills that will allow you to enhance in field decisions in settle and unsettle situations by learning basic and advance offensive/defensive/goalkeeping/face off skills from our coaching staff.
small SIDED games
- Half field games played 4v4 or 5v5 without a goalie (3 pass hot rule)
- Coaches on the field teaching during game play
focusing on fundamentals and stick work
- Friday clinics to enhance your game play
- Continuous on field coaching and teaching during small minded games